Double Denim. It’s one of those things that many think is a fashion faux pas, but this season, it’s bang on-trend. In fact, it’s not just double denim – it’s triple, and even quadruple denim! Patchwork denim is perfect. Just as long as you are wearing more than one denim piece, different denim colours, then you’re doing double denim right!
We’ve come up with our Top Ten Double Denim outfits for you to choose from.
1. Acid wash double denim spells fun. Team your bleached out jeans (£14.99, H&M) with a similar wash shirt with a polka dot twist (£19.99, New Look), a rucksack in denim (£24.99, New Look), and some denim coloured Vans (£47, Schuh) for a laid back look.
2. Bring denim to the party by wearing it in a full midi skirt, and matching bustier top (£34.99 and £24.99, both H&M), and team it with bright blue for a fan double denim party look. Cross-body blue bag (£45, JOY) and fab chunky platform sandals (£27.99, New Look) complete this look.
3.Mix up your denim washes. An acid wash Tee (£14.99, New Look) works brilliantly with a dark wash denim jacket (£95, French Connection), bleached and ripped boyfriend jeans (£29.99, H&M) or classic wash denim shorts (£29.95, GAP)
5. Denim can be super feminine – find a cute denim dress (£19.99, H&M), team it with a different denim denim jacket (£25, BHS) add a cute pair of pumps (£7.99, H&M) and a navy bag (£12.99, New Look), and you have the perfect outfit for Mother’s Day tea, or lunch with your gran!
6. OKay, so we;re not exactly doing the double denim thing with this one, but stay with us please! This fab denim shirt dress (£19.99, H&M) works brilliantly as a holiday cover up. Throw it over a blue bikini (top, £12, bottoms, £10, Warehouse @ Debenhams) team it with a roomy bag (£55, J Jeans by Jasper Conran @ Debenhams), and some denim coloured Birkenstocks (£45, Schuh).
7. When the sun’s out, a pair of faded denim hotpants (£14.99, H&M) an acid wash short sleeved denim blouse (£7.99, H&M) a pair of wedges (£39.50, Red Herring @ Debenhams), and a cute bag (£14.99, H&M) make an excellent laid-back evening outfit.
8.Dungarees are on-trend this season, but if you can’t quite embrace them, how about a dungaree-bib dress, like this deep denim one from Red Herring @ Debenhams (£28). Team it with this fantastic acid wash biker jacket from Louche @ JOY (£30), a pair of pale blue wedge sandals (£39.99, New Look) and a cute pastel blue bag (£34.99) from H&M for a sophisticated double denim look.
9. A cute dark denim skater skirt (£17.99, New Look) is offest by a bleached out denim skirt (£19.99, H&M) for a classic double denim look. Add these fantastic dark blue sandals from Schuh (£70) into the mix, and a cute clutch (£28, Faith @ Debenhams), and you’re party ready.
10. If you do want to embrace dungarees (£29.99, H&M), be bold and mix them up with a denim shirt (£19.99, H&M) and a denim jacket (£64.99, Superdry). Or team a denim jacket and shirt duo with a simple denim skirt (£19.99, H&M) for triple denim action!