Sandals are great, but if they’re for the town, or a pebbly beach, or a gravel path, then they need to have something about the sole. They need to be chunky sandals. You need to be able to walk in them without feeling every stone like the Princess and the Pea felt that solitary green vegetable through all those bedclothes.
So, chunky sandals – that is flatforms, or flat platforms – are where it’s at. Forget those flimsy sandals, yours need to be of the chunky variety if you want to spend more than a few hours in them. Chunky sandals give your feet a bit more support. Oh, yeah, and they’re uber-cool. Granted, the TOWIE girls probably aren’t loving them, but you want to be one step ahead of them, right? Figuratively and literally.
And chunky sandals is one way to do it. Choose from slip-ons, sliders, espadrille stykle, leather, metallic, tan, black, built-up – just choose chunky! Here’s a dozen of the best pairs.
- Nude leather, £37 (were £75), French Connection
- Two-tone flatforms, £55, White Stuff
- Silver sliders, £24.99 (were £45), Red or Dead @ Schuh
- Layered sandals, £45, Schuh
- Snakeprint sandals, £24.99, H&M
- White and black sandals, £42, Schuh
- Orange slip-ons, £56 (were £86) French Connection
- Grey sandals, £14.99, H&M
- White espadrille sole sandals, £24.99, New Look
- Blue and tan flatforms, £55, White Stuff
- Kickers flatform mules, £39.99 (were £80), Schuh
- Wide fit tan sandals, £18.74 (were £24.99), New Look