It’s official. The rucksack, or the backpack, has made it down from the hills to the high street, and it’s here to stay!
The humble backpack is no more – it’s now velvet, furry, animal print, camo print, fringed, bright, bold – the list goes on. The backpack is no longer just for days out or hillwalking.
It’s THE bag to be seen with from now on, so make sure you get your hands on one. Don’t wear it on your back though, for goodness sake! Casually sling it over one shoulder, or hold it by the top handle as you stroll the city streets or the malls.
It’s the 1990s love-in that has brought the backpack back to us, so embrace! They hold so much, and in handy little pockets too – no more rummaging in that big shopper for your phone or keys. The only thing you have to decide on now is what style to choose. Here’s our weekly wishlist to help!
- Black fringed, £17.99, New Look
- Leopard print, £22.99, New Look
- Silver quilted, £19.99, New Look
- Yellow fringed, £45, Butterfly by Matthew Williamson @ Debenhams
- Blue fringed, £45, JOY
- Camouflage print, £17.99, New Look
- Bag style backpack, £25, White Stuff
- Black velvet, £19.99, New Look
- Small rucksack, £65, White Stuff
- Cat face, £19.95, GAP Kids
- Salmon pink strappy, £32, JOY