Here’s anew trend for 2016 – the half moon bag. It’s a saddle bag, really, and is the only cross-body bag you will need, or want, this year, trust us.
The 1970s trend of last autumn is still going strong. The half moon bag is a classic 1970s item, but reworked for the new year, in all colours and fabrics.
The classic half moon bag is a stylish and practical addition to your 2016 wardrobe, so here’s 12 to choose from on our weekly wishlist.
1.This Faith @ Debenhams half moon bag has more than a nod to the 1970s about it, in suede with a tassel fastening (£29).
2.French Connection’s version is in a gorgeous brown, and also comes in black. (£65)
3. New Look’s tan embroidered version isn’t as rounded at the base as we’d like, but we love the detailing (£17.99)
4. This gorgeous Call It Spring @ Debenhams bag has cute gold buckle details for a true 1970s feel (£25).
5. Lovely Sydney suede saddle bag in black? Yes please! £35, Oasis @ Debenhams
6. Red Herring’s grey half moon bag has a chain strap, perfect for evenings. Grab it in the sale now, £16 (was £20), Debenhams
7. H&M’s rust red bag is £24.99. A small price to pay for handbag perfection.
8. If it’s classic simplicity you want, then Warehouse’s stitch detail saddle bag is it, and it’s £20, reduced from £36. At Debenhams.
9. Crew Clothing’s saddle bag (£125) is a bigger version, and, again, not quite a half moon, but we absolutely love this classic, and it will last for years – let’s hope the trend does too!
10. New Look’s cream cross body half moon bag (£15.99) is a new twist on the shape, and the shade is perfect for spring.
11. H&M’s black faux suede and leather version is a bargainous 14.99. Snap. It. Up.
12. This khaki half moon bag from J by Jasper Conran @ Debenhams, is also on sale – it was £49, but its yours now for £34.30.
Which half moon bag will you choose?