Summer beauty can be painful – streaky tans, sunburn, chapped lips, fading tans – there are plenty of pitfalls, but fear not, help is at hand!
The Body Shop’s Celebrity Makeup Artist, Chase Aston, has a few top tips that will see you shimmer in the city, glisten by the pool and dazzle on the beach all summer long.
1. “Sweep an oil-free make up primer along the top lash-line, allow to dry, then use water resistant Metallic Eye-Definer (£8) in either Brilliant Blue or Vibrant Emerald and line the eyes creating a bold aqua accent of colour. Taking you from the pool, to the beach, then onto the party!” says Chase.
2. “Three simple steps to sun safe, beach beauty. Lightly dust all over the face Extra Virgin Minerals Loose Powder Foundation SPF+25 (£15), using a shade one tone darker than your natural complexion,” says Chase. “Then take a bronze toned shimmer powder and sweep onto the cheeks and across eye-lids and chin and over lips. Layer lips with Vitamin E Lip Care SPF15 (£4).”
3. “Unsightly tan lines, against your gorgeous summer glow? Take an Eye-Shadow Blender Brush (£10) and using Honey Bronze Bronzing Gel For the Face (£12), lightly stroke along the white lines,” advises Chase. “Allow to dry then re-apply until the edges appear seamless.”
4. “To instantly perk up a fading tan, smooth Honey Bronze Shimmering Dry Oil (£16) all over – the subtle gold undertones will create a subtle golden glow,” says Chase. “Avoid matte bronzers as these can appear muddy and flat.”
5. “Multi task your eye-colour to create a vibrant matte lip. Rub Colour Crush Eye Shadow in Berry Cheeky (£7), over a dry, clean lip and layer to intensify colour,” says Chase.
6. “Warning! If you have pimples or acne blemishes on the cheeks avoid using bronzing
products with shimmer or sparkles as these can make blemishes stand out,” explains Chase. “Switch to a matte formula, I always use Honey Bronze Bronzing Powder (£13).”
All products mentioned are available now at The Body Shop stores